At 10 months, sometimes you notice a sharp increase in appetite due to increased activity, so you can always increase the serving sizes or offer more snacks.
At least 3-4 nursing sessions per day or 24-32 ounces formula or combination of both
• No more than 6-8 oz. of water
• 2 servings grain (1 serving = 1/2 slice bread, 2 crackers, 1/2 cup Cheerios, or 1/2 cup whole grain pasta)
• 2 servings fruit (1 serving = 3-4 Tablespoons)
• 2-3 servings vegetable (1 serving = 3-4 Tablespoons)
• 2-3 servings protein (1 serving = 1-2 Tablespoons)
• 1 serving Dairy (1 serving = 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/3 cup cottage cheese or 1 oz. grated cheese) •
You can also offer cooked egg yolk (but no egg whites until 1 year old due to allergens)
Your child is probably cruising around by now, I have known some such as my son to be walking. They are getting into everything and pulling themselves up, so make sure the table tops and house are baby safe.
Most 10 month old's can sleep through the night without a feeding and take two naps for a total of 2 to 2 1/2 hours per day, plus 11-12 hours at night. You might start thinking about cutting out a nap however, the average age to transition to one nap is 15-18 months. If your child refuses to sleep still encourage a rest time so they do not get to overtired and overstimulated.
10 Month Sample Sleep Schedule
Wake Time: 3-3.5 hours
7:00 – Wake and Breast milk or Formula
9:00 – Breakfast
10:00 – Morning Nap (at least 1 hour)
11:00 – Breast milk or Formula plus snack
1:00 – Lunch
2:00 – Early Afternoon Nap (at least 1 hour)
3:00 – Breast milk or Formula plus snack
5:00 – Dinner
6:15 – Begin bedtime routine
7:00 – Breast milk or Formula and Bedtime (goal to be asleep at this time)